Happy Birthday, Melanie
Over the course of this year we have:
- Spent 18 hours over the course of two rainy October days in labor.
- Visited you in the hospital when you couldn't come home with us.
- Learned how to feed you, bathe you, change you, hold you...
- Brought you home on Monday, November 8, 2004. You rode in your car seat and spent the night in your basinet.
- Gave you Prilosec and dealt with your (sometimes tempermental) monitor.
- Watched you give us a little half smile and turn away... so coy!
- Took a lot of photos.
- You surprised us one morning when we looked over at you and you had rolled over onto your stomach.
- You moved from milk to rice cereal to "people" food.
- Learned to crawl.
- You pull yourself to your feet and will use anything that moves as a walker and push it around the house.
- Things that calm you down -- the "A, B, C's", a camera in your face, and of course any of a number of pacifiers.
- You wave and say "HI!" to strangers, your reflection in the mirror (which you have loved since very early), or just the outdoors.
- "Touchdown!" "How big is Melanie?" "High five!" "Give me a kiss."
Happy birthday, and many, many more.